A quick guide to what we're looking for and how to submit it
What type of content do we publish on this site?
Anything to do with life at Royal Holloway College between the mid-60s and the mid-80s. It could be:
- an old photo taken during the period
- a new photo of people who were there at the time
- memories of life at the College, the highs and lows and the bits in between
- information about some aspect of the College
- some random piece of information which could trigger other people's memories
Look round this site to see what other people have added. Most people just add one photo or one paragraph of text. Others add whole photo galleries or sections of the site.
Terms and conditions
- Submissions should be relevant to the site and, if your referring to other people, then please talk to them about it or consider their feelings when you write it.
- Text submitted to the site may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced (for example, to improve contrast).
- RHC70s is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- RHC70s may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensiveness or other legal considerations.
- RHC70s won't accept contributions of a commercial, marketing or advertising nature. We will, however, accept editorial content from commercial organisations (for example, the memories of a shop-owner or pub landlord who has recollections from the time).
How to submit an article
When you click on the menu item a new page will open – this can look a bit daunting at first site but it is fairly straightforward and you're unlikely to do much damage if you make a mistake – so feel free to try and ask questions.
The guide to submitting an article can be downloaded or opened in a separate window - so you can open it on the screen at the same time and refer to it during the process.
The guide can be downloaded using the link on the right hand of this page (or the "Submitting an article" page)